Monday, September 22, 2008

nation of immigration

I've lived in Houston for most of my life, and immigration is definitely prevalent there. There are plenty immigrants here, especially from Mexico. I have never had a problem with immigration, but I guess thats because it never really affected me and my family. My parents have stable, decent paying jobs that they have earned from working from the bottom. Perhaps, that explains my apathy towards the exploitation of these illegal immigrants. My parents had to do the same thing and went through a plethora of jobs slowly building a better life for me. Perhaps they were better qualified or they just planned for the future better. Its not the best system, but its a lot better then what they have in Mexico. 

And yes, I enjoy the cheaper prices on fruit because of this cheap labor. Evil outlook on it? Perhaps. But I know I'm not the only one who in truly would prefer this monetary gain in exchange of what the immigrants go through. 

No comments: