Saturday, September 27, 2008

Guide for the Mexican Migrant


I really took interest in pages 150-152. The guide for the Mexican Migrant is almost like a joke to me! I found it a little humorous. I mean, so much of the excerpt is common sense... "If you cross by desert, try to walk at times when the heat will not be too intense" and " Heavy clothing increases in weight when wet and this makes swimming and floating difficult". Anyways, section pertaining to the coyotes and polleros was relevant to what we were talking about in class. The fact that by using those types of transportation to cross the border can be dangerous. And how alot of times, those people will rip you off or purposely get you lost. I think it's great that the Mexicans are being informed beforehand of the dangers that lay ahead, this way, they will not be blind-sided.

No comments: