Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Immigration

Immigration has been a controversial issue for years. Little did I know, scenarios like the one in this article could have been happening right in my hometown - El Paso, TX. I grew up in El Paso for quite some time and it never occurred to me, while living there, that this could be happening minutes away from me. El Paso is very close to the border of Mexico. My parents informed me of the "drug wars" going on in Mexico and how cops are struggling to get into to El Paso to protect their family and themselves from harm. This year the drug mafias have killed 9,000 people. After reading this article, I wonder how many immigrants may have crossed because of this. How is border patrol reacting towards this massacre because they want to protect themselves. Hope this makes sense...

No comments: