Sunday, September 21, 2008

Immigration

I found both of these articles to be somewhat fascinating . I thought that Esperanza Borboa’s experience was quite interesting. Before, I had never heard of employers who turn their illegal immigrant workers in just before payday. It just shows how messed up corporations and companies can be; trying to save every penny possible even if it ruin’s someone else’s life. Bhagwati’s article somewhat ties in with the previous reading, but I am not really sure what the definition of a diaspora model is. What I got from it is that educated immigrants can help their developing countries back home. I agree with him when he talks about how the government must intervene in order to control how the nation prospers. In developing countries, I think the government should take some responsibility and perhaps create jobs so their citizens can have a better standard of living. It appears that for a developing country to become a developed country, the government must take action whether it is creating jobs or controlling immigration, but that is just what I think.

No comments: