Monday, September 22, 2008

LA MIGRA!!!

So where I live in Houston, the illegal folks hang out by the Home Depot and some random gas station every morning waiting for work. My friends and I always found it very exciting to drive by and scream 'LA MIGRA!' or to drive a truck up real close and whistle like we wanted work done...and then drive away. I guess that's kind of mean though and I've totally grown up (since that was probably 2 or 3 years ago...ya know). But it definitely isn't as mean as the factory bosses who actually call the immigration people to take away some illegals right before pay periods. I think that the whole illegal worker thing is great. They are getting paid tons more than they would in their home countries and we (whoever we may be) pay super crazy low wages for super crazy awesome work. Why not let them stay and work the menial jobs that most Americans are 'too good for' in the first place. I can't understand why some people, who complain that they don't get paid enough or refuse to work degrading jobs, freak out about illegals who are working their asses off to make whatever little money they can. The illegals seem to love doing it too. One time my mom brought one of the guys from the gas station to clean up our back yard (because I was too lazy to do it), and he freaking filled a good two dozen bags of leaves in a few hours. I think my mom paid him 5 or 6 bucks and hour and gave him some food, but the dude was completely happy.

No comments: