Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thoughts on Thank You so Far

I absolutely loved the first Chapter of Thank You for Arguing. I love the authors style of writing, use of everyday language, and the fact that this books seems like something I could pick off a shelf at Barnes and Noble (aside from the definitions) and not like a textbook at all. I love the fact that in his experiment he failed at almost every attempt he made not to argue. It made him easier to relate to and more human than the average textbook author.
I also enjoyed the fact that he relates methods of arguing to things we can recognize and relate to.
At first I dreaded reading the chapter as I do when I'm about to begin any reading assignment out of a textbook but Heinrichs soon convinced my otherwise.
So far, I've enjoyed what I read and I look foward to reading more as class continues.

No comments: