Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thank you for arguing.

I have to say that I really enjoy reading from this book. I learn something new with each page! After reading these past few chapters over fallacies and the "seven deadly logical sins", I realized that I'm guilty of pretty much all of the sins that Heinrich points out. Now that I know what these rhetoric fallacies are, I can think of dozens of instances of when I've fallen for each one. But now I know better. Now I feel that I could point out someones flaw in his or her argument, and it's all because of Heinrich. After I read his stuff, I just feel more aware of of what's going on I guess. It's almost as if I'm learning to read inbetween the lines of what people are saying and decipher their true meanings. It's pretty darn cool.

No comments: