Monday, November 10, 2008

Legrain/Spiderman

I really liked Legrain’s article. I thought it was interesting how he said that America was forcing its culture on everyone else. I also liked how he showed how certain countries dominated certain areas of entertainment. I thought it was interesting how the United Kingdom’s box office hits were mostly American. On the other hand, America is not always the leader, especially in sports. Football does not appear to be as interesting to other countries as soccer. Adesnik’s article was also quite interesting where he compared Peter Parker with Pavitr Prabhakar. I thought the difference between Pavitr Prabhakar from Peter Parker was a good advertising technique to tailor to the Indian readers; however it appears man die hard Spiderman fans do not agree. The image of Pavitr Prabhakar was quite different than the Spiderman us Americans know. Who’s to say it is a bad thing though? I think Spiderman has globalized himself through Pavitr Prabhakar just like companies expand across the world. Even at Mc Donald’s the same burger we get in America is quite different in England and China.

No comments: